Wednesday, August 10, 2011

I Played Rune Tonight...

I played Rune tonight, and it was good. I actually enjoyed this game for the first time in a year-and-a-half. In all this time, my computer simply would not run the game, but it's running very smoothly now.

My brother is visiting from the Seattle area to help out with some family affairs, and he graciously helped me to reinstall Rune onto this machine. Everything works like a charm now. The only problem is that most of the active Rune servers seem to be 1.01 servers, so I guess I'll have to get 1.01 installed on my computer as well, so that I can play both 1.01 and 1.08....

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, I still go on from time to time but there's never any active servers :(
    ~Averisk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Steve! Yeah, I haven't checked out Rune for several weeks. After my mom passed away over two months ago, I went back to college, and as a result, things have been totally crazy. I had no time to play, so I just took a break from Rune. It also doesn't help that the current Rune community has been so damn anemic and weak lately...

    I swear though, if I ever get the money someday (and I will!), I will purchase the Rune trademark from Human Head, and get a sequel to Rune created. At the very least, I'll make them an offer, though it'll be a couple years before I dare try. There's a real market out there for a Rune sequel, but it needs to be done just right.

    But yeah, I miss this game, and the community that surrounds it...

    ReplyDelete