Saturday, August 27, 2011

GreenMix



Map: GreenMix
Author: Schomik
u]i[u* - The Gethouse of Immortality!
Game Type: 1.09 TeamGame
6 Players

Welcome to GreenMix, a map used by The Unique Immortal Units as part of their map rotation. So is it worth playing? Well, the jury is still out on that. Please take note that I am rusty as Hell at Rune, and haven't played regularly for between a year-and-a-half to two years due to computer problems. I'm relearning how to play, so I do not yet have the "juice", so to speak. So what about GreenMix?

Well, it's GREEN. Like....very, very green. Distractingly green. The map has this eerie green glow that hurts my eyes a bit, and makes it just a tad difficult to see smaller details. The impairment is minor, but it is an impairment for me, and it manages to make gameplay into a slightly irritating experience. The upper levels of this map are not green, so you can get a break from it if you wish, which is nice. My feelings are that if the glowing had been more subtle, and less pervasive, it would have provided a superior aesthetic experience. Take from that what you will...

I will say that the layout is pretty good though, and there are lots of "hidey-holes" for you to lay low if you need them. I'll definitely need to check out the map again, because I can't remember if all the weapons are present or not. If this map has a full roster of players again, then I will take this map on a second run in order to more carefully explore it. It's good enough that it merits it, despite its flaws.

So how would I grade this map based upon my first impression?

Final Grade: C+

No comments:

Post a Comment